Sunday, October 11, 2009

I want my eternal family.

I was raised in the Church. I've always lived it, or tried to. About a year ago, I quit trying. I don't know what happened. I just wasn't feelin' it, and I thought that if you only do ONE thing your whole life, how do you know that's what's right or best for you? So I tried not doing it.

Today, we had a lesson on the Salt Lake Temple. When they first laid the foundation, they used sandstone, which has a tendency to crumble. Had they built this huge building on sandstone, there's no way it would have stood for as long as it had. President Brigham Young's vision was for this temple to last through the millenium. So they switched to granite.

I am rebuilding my foundation. On granite this time. I have been to the temple. My family is sealed together. Now it's time for me to earn that blessing.

3 comments:

  1. The wise man built his house upon a rock ;)

    I think whether you grew up with the same beliefs your whole life or not, there comes a time you have to figure things out for yourself. I did that too, and it's hard getting back. Is Aaron a member? Was he raised LDS too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he was. But both our families were very lax in practicing. His even more than mine, but he's never had "issue" with the Church like I find myself having at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have issues with churches. Not Church. I think you are talking about a religion I haven't experienced. But from a standpoint of a mom, I ask myself, do I want my children raised in God? I'm a believer, Jon is a believer. Each person has their journey, I wish you happy travels in yours. I do think you are doing the right thing, starting with a solid base and working from there. At the end of the day (or childhood) all a parent can say is "I tried the best I could". Lay the foundation for your kids and it will support them later in life.

    ReplyDelete